Google+





Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Avatar Ney'tiri "Poster"!

Michael here. This "poster" has been making the internet rounds over the last couple days or so, as many of you have probably already noticed.

But is it an actual poster that will be (or is already) on display in theaters somewhere in the world, a piece of online promotional art, or is it a well-made fan mock-up, perhaps based on Ney'tiri's image from avatarmovie.com?

What do you think?

In any case, I love the design of her character, and Zoe Saldana's performance is so good that she just IS Ney'tiri. The years of linguistic, combat, and countless other types of training she poured into the role have paid off in a huge way. It was the footage of her interactions with Jake's avatar that completely sold me on the emotional ride that Avatar will be. I believed, of course, that they were real. It was the literally PERFECT capture of wonderful performances that made the burgeoning possiblilty of romance palpable. People in the audience were entranced. I saw many dropped jaws as they dashed through this completely real yet never-before-seen world, the forest glowing, moving, and utterly alive. And I know that my heart thumped with anticipation for what will happen between the two of them. I, and I suspect many others, haven't felt a sense of wonder like that in a very long time.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.