Google+





Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS Has Racked Up $600m Overseas Alone! 3D Has Arrived Baby!!

Jim here. An LATimes article caught my eye because I had been watching this movie CLOSELY - I named it as my #5 most anticipated 3D movie of 2009 last year. According to Box Office Mojo, Ice Age 3 has pulled in $601,259,279 internationally and $191,038,252 domestically as of the 17th.

It's got a great voice cast, entertaining story, family appeal and enduring characters but, hey - don't fool yourself! This puppy is in 3D and 40% of the revenues have come from the premium priced experience.

Let me say that again. $240 million from 3D alone overseas! The only movie that comes close to these numbers in many countries is TITANIC - and we all know the director of that little historical piece has another sci-fi coming out (he has done a few sci-fi's before...) in December. Seems almost poetic.

I say the markets are being warmed up perfectly for a phenomenally large box office for AVATAR. I love it when a plan comes together. Ice Age is the stepping stone. We are witnessing history here guys...

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.