Google+





Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Michael Fassbender Taking Up Villainy In SPIDER-MAN 3D?

I don't usually like to post on casting rumors as my thing is mainly the creativity behind projects. However (and this is a big however), this is SPIDER-MAN.

SPIDER-MAN has been and always will be my favorite of all the super heroes.
It has resonated with me since the early cartoons on TV - you know the ones that actually shared content with ROCKET ROBIN HOOD (which I think would make a darn good 3D live action adaptation!). So ANY decision made about the project and I am instantly tuned in. Even rumors.

Here is one such rumor (Showbiz 411): Michael Fassbender (INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS) is apparently in the midst of a delicious dilemma. It seems Marvel is after him for two different roles - Young Magneto in X MEN: FIRST CLASS -or- playing a villain in the upcoming SPIDER-MAN reboot (in 3D). As these projects are with different studios (Fox and Columbia respectively) it seems he cannot do both.

I am hoping he bites into the villain role because I love his acting chops and SPIDER-MAN would benefit immensely. I have heard many different opinions on what villain he should play, but as for me I still want The Lizard in this movie. My vote is for Dr. Curt Connors. Who do you think he should play if he indeed does sign on?

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.