Google+





Saturday, March 05, 2011

Michael Bay Simply Loves 3D: "It's Spectacular"

Michael Bay has come full circle and I can't wait to see the results in TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON.

Empire recently spoke with the director about the movie and using 3D. For those of you who don't know, Bay is using James Cameron / Vince Pace's technology (AVATAR) for the native 3D shots. Should be AMAZING.

Here is what Bay had to say:
“Ridley Scott once said, ‘Michael Bay and I have always been shooting in 3D.’ What he meant by that is that I always put background, mid-ground, foreground in all my shots.”

"Cameron was like, 'Mike, directors like you have to do 3D or it is going to die.' I love it when you see these things: 'The 3D event of the year!' You see it every movie. There was a recent movie where you go in and before it starts they put up a little plate: 'These scenes were not shot in 3D.' Are you kidding? I think our 3D works really well with the robots, the size, the girth, the weight of it… it’s spectacular."

I love it when an action director the caliber of Michael Bay gets amped about S3D! Who knows what we are going to see in this thing. We could be in for a serious treat here guys! I agree with Bay: We needed him on the S3D team. We got him. Love it.

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON opens July 1.

More when I get it...

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.