Google+





Monday, August 20, 2012

Benedict Cumberbatch Spoils Smaug's First Appearance In THE HOBBIT Movies?

**WARNING - POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!

Has Cumberbatch spoiled when we see Smaug? Perhaps, and I think reasonably so. If you don't want to be spoiled about the very potentially real time when you will first see the dragon Smaug in THE HOBBIT movies, don't read on.

For me though, I fully anticipated this ending to the first movie. I think any sane person would have expected it to be this way too. How else would you best set up THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN?

Anyway here's what Benedict Cumberbatch had to say about when we would see Smaug:
"I think my eye might open at the end of the first film and then you’ll get the rest of me in the second."

There is some conjecture that this timing may not happen now that director Peter Jackson is adding a third HOBBIT movie, but for me - no worries. I don't think anything is changing. The third movie will just be the bridge material found in the appendices of THE RETURN OF THE KING. Could be wrong, but that's my true feeling on it. THERE AND BACK AGAIN will still be the second movie in my mind.

Source: Cumberbatchweb via Collider

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.