Google+





Thursday, February 06, 2014

Fancy Yourself A Writer? Like GI Joe? Then Check This Out !


If you haven't heard about Kindle Worlds yet and you're a writer, it's time you did.

Here's how it works: Kindle Worlds is a publication submission platform where you choose a licensed World, read the Content Guidelines for that World, write your story, upload that story, create a cover using free images or your own image, and accept a publishing contract with Amazon Publishing. It’s simple and it’s fast. Every Kindle Worlds story will be featured on Amazon.com and Kindle devices and apps.

But here's the kicker: Amazon just came to an agreement with Hasbro for the G.I. Joe universe!

Amazon and Hasbro shaking hands on this allows writers to publish their own fiction and earn royalties using established characters such as Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander and Zartan.

Amazon is throwing serious licensing fees at intellectual property owners to allow this to take place. GI Joe? Veronica Mars? Harbinger? Gossip Girl? The Vampire Diaries? Ravenswood? Something for almost everyone.

I'm most interested in G.I. Joe myself. Might even give it a go! I love the Snake Eyes character. I'd have to get deeper into the lore but I really enjoy the movies, especially the last one (G.I. JOE: RETALIATION) in 3D.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.